Friday, November 30, 2007

Where does She Come Up with these Things?



Every year, instead of writing real names on Christmas gifts, such as To: Shaelyn,
we assign fake names. Last year, I used, Happy, Dopey and Sleepy. This keeps the kids guessing as to which presents are theirs. This year the names are Dasher, Prancer and Cupid. I was wrapping a present the other day and brought it to Shaelyn to put under the tree. Here's the conversation:


Me: Shaelyn, You can put this present under the tree.
Shaelyn: Who's this one for?
Me: Prancer
Shaelyn: Another one for Prancer? That Prancer sure must have been a good little reindeer this year. He's getting a lot of presents.


10 comments:

Cheri said...

cute! I just love what those little minds come up with.

Mari said...

She is so funny!

Abby and Reese said...

That is so much fun! Kane's mom has always given them numbers...she still does it and her kids are 22, 26 and 30!

Dena said...

I LOVE it! she is sooo sharp - wonder where she gets that??

Anonymous said...

My kids used to sit by the tree and figure out everything they were getting. One year I switched all of their names on the presents. They were totally faked out. It was so much fun!

Love your idea, too!

Laura said...

I love her so much! She is too cute. That's hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Okay, just for you I'm breaking my "less time on the computer" rule. Your comment was just too sweet. I hope my time off is very short lived and soon I will be back to the daily blogging world. I'm lovin' you too much to leave for too long :o)

By the way, I told this story today at our dinner table. It is just way too cute!

Bonnie said...

That Shaelyn is a funny funny girl !!

Laura said...

Also - on your Christmas vote, I chose "Decorating the house." But if the other choice had been "Eating Holiday Foods" instead of making them - I would have chosen that! :)

Sheri said...

very sweet- I'd want to be prancer too!:)