Thursday, November 15, 2007

The proper way to lose a Tooth





Shaelyn and I were heading out this morning and I told her to brush her teeth good. She had to go to the dentist today to get her cavity filled and I explained that she probably had that cavity because she didn't brush good enough. A few kids she knows have lost teeth lately, and she wants to also. So she asks me, "So my teeth will come out if I don't brush good?" like it's a good thing. I can just see the wheels spinning in that brain.
Sometimes, I know she's thinking way too much.

By the way, the dentist said she did great. Hopefully we won't have to be back for another 6 months.

7 comments:

Knit-Wit said...

Kids are funny! The wheels in their brains certainly turn at a different speed don't they? love it!

Laura said...

Oh Shaelyn - I can just see what she's thinking too! Suddenly she's going to be requesting all sugar snacks and never brushing her teeth! :)

Cheri said...

It's amazing how those little minds work. I'm glad that cavity is taken care of.

Mari said...

That kids has quite a mind, doesn't she? She is so funny!

A Captured Reflection said...

Oh yes, I see what you mean about losing teeth. My daughter is wanting her teeth to come out now that her brother's are. Oh I have tagged you for 7 things by the way.

The Birds Nest said...

It's amazing what kids come up with. It's even more amazing how mothers are able to read their little minds!

Ally said...

Yes, yes, yes...kid´s logic is the way to go!! It´s so sweet and can be so off the wall but it´s soaked in innocence! Lovely! I hope she decides that it´s not a good idea to not clean her teeth....