Monday, November 05, 2007

Memory Verse Monday



Last week, Karen started Memory Verse Monday. I memorized and dwelled on Psalm 19:1-2. That talked about creation speaking about our great God and Creator. This week I'm choosing to focus on Psalm 90:1-2

Lord, you have been our dwelling place in all generations.
Before the mountains were brought forth,
Or ever You had formed the earth and the world
Even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God.

God is our refuge and security in all times of life. With this in mind, I'd ask you to be in prayer today for Mari's daughter, Heather. She is in surgery this morning for an appendectomy. I know this is not a major surgery, but unexpected and still a surgery. Heather will now be missing some days from college and it's just a little "bump" in the road of life.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

is she going to be allright? how come you didn't tell me about this?
and don't forget to post my love and i!
~Kay~

A Captured Reflection said...

I fixed the link up for you, and it even came up with a smiley face (don't know how that happened but that was nice of it). I will pray for Mari's daughter Heather too. Thanks for the verses you have shared, you remind me again of the majesty and hugeness of God's creation - wonderful.

Knit-Wit said...

Great Bible verse. I need to pick out a good one to memorize and get on the band wagon!

I'll say a prayer for Heather!

Mary said...

I have prayed for Heather and will continue to keep her in my prayers. Please keep me updated on her progress.

Blessings,
Mary

Dena said...

I will have Heather in my prayers today! Do give us an update ASAP!

Cheri said...

That was a great verse for today.
I'm so glad Heather came through surgery and is doing well.

Terri said...

Thanks for the prayers for Heather. She came out of surgery fine and will be spending the night in the hospital. She is in a beautiful room so she'll rest up and be able to head back to school next week. She should be able to go back to work in a few weeks too.

Denise said...

Great verse, praying for Heather.

LeslieW. said...

That is a great idea! Good for you!

She Rose Up said...

Hey! Great to meet you!

I found you from Karen's place. I do pray for Heather for Heather to recover quickly and to know that her Abba cares for her wholeness and health.

Love the verses!

Maria

The Birds Nest said...

I'm glad that Heather came out of surgery okay. I was praying for her. It IS only a bump in the road. I experienced one of those bumps when I was in college. I got hepatitis, and was out of school for a month. I was able to come back and finish the semester. Tell her to hang in there!!