Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Faith

Wanted to let you all know about an event that happened in my life this week. As you know, Dave has been laid off of his work the past couple weeks. Well, there has been no money come in either. I scrounged up what I had to make the house payment. After that, there really was nothing left in the checking account. Saturday night, I was getting stuff out for church the next day. I saw the budget envelopes on my dresser. I thought to myself, "well, I can't write a check this week because we don't have any" And then I was reminded that we will be taken care of and we need to have faith. So I wrote out my check. It was rather scary putting it into the collection plate on Sunday, but as I watched it go down the aisle, I prayed, "Lord, You promised you would take care of this and what we give will come back to us." Dave called his foreman at work Sunday night to see if there was anything yet and he said nothing was there. I took Shaelyn to swimming Monday morning and stopped at the bank because I had to transfer $ to my checking. I come home to find a message for Dave to call into work. I called him and told him to call me back. He didn't call right away and I must say, my faith was still wavering. Eventually he called and said he had to go into work and later told me that he had a fairly large job and could spend as many hours as he wanted on it. I literally started crying. I knew that this was an answer to prayer. Now I know that I will probably always struggle with this faith issue - especially when finances are involved but I do know that we were taken care of and this was an answer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Faith is so hard sometimes but isn't is great when you see something answered like that? God is great! Mari

Laura said...

Awesome! God is always so much bigger than we think he is!