Saturday, August 05, 2006

Vacation at the Cottage


Katelyn decided to go fishing with Grandpa and Nick. Apparently, they decided to have a competition between the two of them. From what I was told, Katelyn caught 1 more than Nick. (Nick says he had to throw 1 back because it was too small) She even tried to take her fish off the hook, unsuccessfully, but worth a try. She even caught a bass. They had fun but had to come back when it started to rain.











Shaelyn and Halle wanted to go fishing with Grandpa too but he thought they might be a little too young yet. They decided to try their luck with the boat in the driveway. Grandpa told them that he would take them for a ride in the boat later. This was something they wouldn't forget. The next day, they were walking around with life jackets on as a reminder to Grandpa, just in case he forgot.







Here they are with Chelsea in the boat, preparing to go. They loved the ride, especially when Grandpa went fast. He would try to hit the waves so the boat would bounce more. In spite of the heat, there were some fun times. I love going up there because I get to scrapbook more than normal. Duane usually comes up on Thursday and the kids love it. It's fun to watch them spend time with their uncle. (Even though I need to keep an eye on him at all times. He has a tendency to try to wake them up too early!) Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Cheri said...

I wish so much I had gotten a movie of you "throwing" Duane out of Shaelyn's room when he was trying to wake her up!
That is something I will never forget!

Laura said...

It looks like you all had a lot of fun - wish I could have gone on vacation too. (Just maybe not somewhere so hot - I think I'll just keep my air conditioning!)