Friday, February 23, 2007

Goodbye Katelyn - Hello Florida

Katelyn is leaving for Florida today with her friend's family. She is very excited - seeing that she's never been to Florida before. Hopefully the weather there will warm up! She is allowed to take 1 -yes I said 1 duffle bag. That was a challenge for her to pack. She will be gone for about 8 days. This could also prove to be a challenge for me. I'm so used to having her around to help out. This will be practice for me for when she goes to college I guess. I hope she has a great time.

Here's an update on the lady from my church with cancer. They gave her an option of a different type of chemo. She's going to go for it and said she's not ready to give up. She also has a new doctor for managing the pain. He specializes in pain control and feels he will be able to help her control it. The family was very upbeat on Wednesday - when her mom came to Bible study. So we'll just continue to pray that all goes well. They appreciate your prayers also.

2 comments:

Laura said...

That is great news. I'm glad she's not giving up. We will keep praying. God still does miracles!

Anonymous said...

Have fun, Katelyn! Enjoy the warm weather. We'll keep praying for the lady from your church - Mari