Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Watch out World - Someone's turning 16!

Today is Chelsea's 16th birthday. Can you all believe it? I hardly can! These have
been years with some highs and lows. Here you are at 1 year old. You always did have a contagious smile. You were a happy, easy going and contented baby.









When you were 2 weeks old, I remember Grandpa saying, "I think she's going to be an easy kid". Well.....there have been a few difficult moments. Let me see, I recall you being just over 2 years old and I was trying to put your cute little dress on for church. For some reason, you did not want to get dressed. Dad and I were both working on getting that dress on you. As quick as we'd get one arm in and start working on the other, you'd pull that first arm out. Stubborn....

Here you are at 5 years old, gettting ready to start Kindergarten in the fall.



Chelsea means: a shipping port
Lynne: a cascading waterfall
I guess this somewhat fits you. You enjoy water. You like swimming and taking long showers?! Good thing we didn't put a lot of thought and meaning into the name we chose. We just picked it because:
a) Dad liked the name Chelsea
b) Lynne is Mom's middle name






Here is the picture we had taken last summer. Quite a change over
the last few years!


Deciding to work with animals in the future fits you well. I think you will do a great job doing something in the veterinarian field. You have a great heart for animals - well most of them. (poor spiders)
You've been through quite a lot in these past 16 years and we are proud of the way you've handled it all. Love you.










HAPPY SWEET 16th BIRTHDAY!
(and no - you're not going to find one of these in the driveway for you, we're keeping those roads safe a little while longer!)
















16 comments:

Knit-Wit said...

Happy Birthday, Chelsea!

My daughter turns 17 on Friday. They are growing up too fast!

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Chelsea!
I like that picture of you from last year - I think it fits your personality well! Hope you have a great day today and I must say that I'm slightly less scared about seeing you on the road than I was about Katelyn... (I love you Katelyn! )

Brandi said...

Your stories have brought me to tears. I had a friend in my college class at church who had this very same thing I think. Her testimony was amazing. You have been such a faithful reader at my blog, and I enjoy yours as well-- I need to add you to my favorites!!

Melissa in Mel's World said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHELSEA!!!!

I was kind of hoping you'd get that last picture waiting for you in the driveway...let me know if your mom gives in...ha!

Cherdecor said...

Happy Birthday, Chelsea! You certainly are SWEET SIXTEEN! What a lovely picture! You certainly have been through a lot in your life time. Now you have the rest of your life to have fun! God bless!

Bonnie said...

Happy Birthday Chelsea ! Hope it's a great day ...

Bonnie said...

Forgot to answer your question. In order to get the photos in the four boxes like on my Lovin' the Outdoors Post I just choose None for layout and small for image size. I upload those four and then use the space bar and delete key to get them one on top of the other. Then I use the little button up the top to center them. I hope that makes sense ...

Mari said...

Happy Birthday Chelsea! I can't believe you are 16. I must say I agree with Laura - I'm not as nervous about you driving as I was Katelyn. (Sorry Katelyn!)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Chelsea! I hope your special day is filled with wonderful memories!

There are just birthday celebrations all over my Blog community! Hope you all have a fun day of celebration!

A Captured Reflection said...

I remember being 16 and my best friend's Mum making me a lovely cake and singing "Sweet 16 and never been kissed". It was a good birthday so I remember it well. So Happy Birthday Chelsea, may yours be awesome too.

Thanks for sharing your journey. There is a little boy here in NZ called Keegan who has crouzons, such a wee darling and there has been a series on TV covering his surgeries - and such a change in him too, he's a gorgeous wee boy.

Terri, you are a woman of faith and adventure - I feel honoured to have read your story and learned more about your family.
xxx

Cheri said...

Love that picture Chelsea- Hope you have a great Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

totally NOT feeling the love. ahem- laura and aunt mary!!! Happy b-day chez

Zaankali said...

Happy Birthday, Chelsea!
Smiles!

Sheri said...

YEAH!!! Happy BIrthday! 16 is a big year!!! I love the pictures too!!!

Terri- Thanks for the well wishes and prayers!!!

LeslieW. said...

Happy Birthday!!!! That is awesome, I hope it was a great day! That is a great picture of her!

Dena said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!