Monday, January 21, 2008

The Lost has been Found!!

Last December, Shaelyn made a gingerbread girl at school. While the class was baking her, she ran away! Somehow, she made it to Dena's house. (check out her December 31, 2007 post) Apparently, they had a lot of fun together but Dena thought it was time to send her back home. She made it back to school over the weekend. What a shocker for poor Ginger - from the nice, warm weather of South Carolina right into a winter Michigan snow storm. The class was so excited to see her again - she came with pictures and a nice informational book on South Carolina. Mrs. Kiel was thankful that Ginger made it back too and she was happy that Dena took such good care of her.
Thanks, Dena for watching out for that naughty, little, runaway gingerbread girl!!



9 comments:

Cheri said...

I'm glad she safely made it back. Halle took home "Mr Bear" last Thursday. He got to go to Lansing to pick me up from the airport on Friday.
What a fun idea for the kids!

Anonymous said...

Not fair, you should have sent the real Ginger.

Cherdecor said...

That is so fun for the children! I am glad that the run-a-way, has come home.

Mari said...

What a neat thing to do. I bet the kids really learn a lot about where the gingerbread people visit. And isn't that Dena a sweetheart - she went over and above!

Anonymous said...

At first, I read this post so fast that I thought it said that Shaelyn ran away----my thought was "Yikes!"

Then I reread that sentence and realized it was the Gingerbread girl. :)

Next time they should sent her to Japan! :)

Laura said...

That's so cool! I wish we would have done cool things like that when we were young! But then, I guess there were no blogging friends back then either! :)

Knit-Wit said...

Sounds like a fun thing to do.

LeslieW. said...

Yea! I was so happy to meet Ginger too! We had a fun time at my house too!

Dena said...

she was the perfect guest - except for the roller coaster "incident" oops!