Saturday, April 21, 2007

Signs of Summer



What a beautiful day! I did laundry and decided that I could hang it out on the line. I love the smell of freshly dried clothes that have been outside. Then I noticed the "lovely" yellow flowers growing in my yard. Shaelyn thinks they are the most gorgeous flowers around. I tend to get a few bouquets of them throughout the summer. That's alright - it's a sign of love from your kids when they pick them for you. Thinking of these things made me realize - Yes I believe summer is actually on its way. I think we deserve it, we've waited a long time this year!

2 comments:

Laura said...

We used to try to show our mom love by bringing her bouquets of beautiful flowers too - but it seemed that she was "horribly allergic" to everything we picked and we'd have to throw them away. She'd always say "but it was a very nice thought!" Uh huh. Now she wonders why no one gets her flowers... :) (Love ya mom.)

Anonymous said...

HEY! I am havng horrible allergies yet - and even without the flowers. I remember quite a few bouquets staying in the house though - the ones that went I really was allergic to. Anyway - this reply is for Terri, not Laura - love the picture of the clothes on the line. It really does say summer! Mari