Friday, December 01, 2006

Christmas party blues

Well, I am more than a little bummed out. The Christmas party we were supposed to have tonight has been cancelled. They cancelled it before 10:00 this morning. I think they should have waited. This is always the first party of the season and the kids always look forward to it. We get to see everyone and visit again and the kids also get a present. I was just on the roads and there is snow but I thought they were drivable. You just have to take it easy. We did get a snow day so that was nice to be able to sleep in a little (although with my youngest child, I was not able to get much sleep) but that's a story all on its own! We did get her room cleaned after a long drawn out battle this morning. So we'll hope the rest of the day goes better. Enjoy your snowy day and if I may mention - I believe I predicted this weather yesterday. I hate to say I'm always right BUT......

2 comments:

Laura said...

Aaron is really bummed too - and I'm not being sarcastic! He was like "WHAT! - it's not that bad out! And it's still early!" (I think he was looking forward to the meal - and the fabulous company of course!)

Anonymous said...

I agree - we just came home and the roads weren't bad at all! We are also disappointed - but my house does need a good cleaning! Mari