Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanksgiving is a Comin'

Tomorrow will be Thanksgiving Day - I emphasize Thanksgiving, not turkey day. That's a pet peeve of mine. I hate it when people say it's turkey day. I realize that Americans have much to be thankful for and I know that we all take it for granted. It's always good to stop and remember all that we have. Some things I'm thankful for are my family, both immediate and extended, Dave having a job right now and not being laid off, my church, good health for my family and myself (although I'm ready to get rid of this cold) but really, we have no serious sicknesses, my country - even when I don't always like the way things are done here, I believe we live in the best country in the world, and my faith in Jesus. There's no easier (and of course, no other) way to get to heaven except through faith in Him.
As a family, we're heading to church in the morning. I do love Thanksgiving service. Chelsea and I will both be playing in the full orchestra tomorrow. I love it when we have a full group - the singing is awesome. Then we're heading over to my Dad's to celebrate with the whole family. Friday will start the Christmas season for us - with the setting up of the Christmas tree.
PS - by the way, I've officially become a "Grandma" today. Katelyn came home with her "baby" from school. I'm babysitting now. I think the teacher set this baby on crabby mode because it's cried 3 times already for me today and I thought it was only supposed to cry every 3 hours. You have to put a key in and hold it until it coos. Earlier, I held it for about 10 minutes. Just now, Chelsea and I took turns and it took about 15 minutes! You'll all get to see your new niece and cousin tomorrow. Shayanna is just adorable. Katelyn will have fun taking care of her in church tomorrow too. I think she'll be sitting in the back row!

No comments: