Thursday, November 02, 2006

Canning Applesauce

Cheri and I decided to can applesauce today. We did it at her house so I don't have pictures but you can check out her blog to see our accomplishments. We were a little bummed that the apples cooked down so far - out of 2 bushels we only got 24 quarts. That narrows it down to 12 quarts a piece for the whole day's work. :( But at least we have something. Doing your own tastes so much better than store boughten. I don't know if it's because we grew up with our own or not but I remember the first time I tasted store boughten. I took a big scoop onto my plate and took a taste and was utterly disgusted. We said we couldn't remember ever doing any canning while it was snowing outside. Then we decided to put some Christmas music on to put us in a wonderful state of mind. Don't worry - the music didn't last long. Although we heard that Thanksgiving is 3 weeks away and Christmas is only 7. I know - I'm not at all ready for that yet!
Chelsea had to do her 3rd drive today - on the highway. She was a little concerned because of the snow but it wasn't a problem. She said it was fun driving fast on the highway - is that scary or what?

No comments: