Thursday, April 24, 2008
Slow Cooking Thursday
Hot Fudge Cake
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup flour
3 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup milk
2 Tbsp. melted butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 3/4 cup boiling water
1. Mix together 1 cup brown sugar, flour, 3 Tbsp. cocoa, baking powder and salt.
2. Stir in milk, butter and vanilla. Spread over the bottom of slow cooker.
3. Mix together 3/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa. Sprinkle over mixture in slow cooker.
4. Pour in boiling water. Do not stir.
5. Cover and cook on High 2-3 hours, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
6. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
This was delicious last Sunday night!
Here's a bonus "recipe" for you to try too! I got this from my sister, Cheri.
Chicken in the Crock Pot
Take a whole chicken and put in a crockpot. Fill it up 1/2 way with water. Add about 5-6 chicken bouillon cubes. Turn it on low. I usually put this on before I go to bed on Saturday night. It is ready for a noontime meal on Sunday. I take all the chicken off the bones and serve it. It is extremely tender and juicy chicken. It's got great broth to make gravy with. This is one of my daughters favorite meals - Chicken in the crockpot with mashed potatoes and gravy, and some sort of vegetables!