Thursday, March 13, 2008

Slow Cooking Thursday


Sorry I haven't been around for the last few days. First, for some reason or another - blogger would not let me comment on your blogs! So even though I read what you all had to say, I couldn't give you my positive feedback - sorry. And then the last two days I've been somewhat sick with this cold and fever type thing. Shaelyn stayed home from school yesterday and is still trying to rebound. But anyway, I'm joining in the Slow Cooking Thursday with a meal I made yesterday called Chicken in Mushroom Gravy. It's incredibly easy and the whole family loved it. I made baked potatoes with it and put the gravy over them.

6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
salt to taste
pepper to taste
1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
10 3/4 oz. cream of mushroom soup
4 oz. sliced mushrooms, drained

1. Place chicken in slow cooker. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Combine wine (or broth) with soup. Pour over chicken. Top with mushrooms.
3. Cover. Cook on low 7-9 hours.



13 comments:

Renee said...

Sounds wonderful! thanks for sharing!

Renee'
http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/

Mari said...

Looks good!

Stephanie ODea said...

this sounds great, Terri!
-steph

Anonymous said...

So, is it best with the wine? If so what is a dry wine??? Help!

It sounds wonderful!

Cheri said...

Looks good. Feel better.

Anonymous said...

This looks good. Thanks for sharing!


MJ

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better. Sounds like a simple and delicious chicken recipe.

Michelle said...

Hi Terri this is so yummy tasting! thanks for sharing.mine is herefeel better soon..

LeslieW. said...

Yum, I make this in the oven too. This would be easier! Thanks for reminding me about this, I always forget what I like to cook!

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

I didn't realize until I was on Cheri's blog that you are all sisters. I just LOVE Mari, she has been such an encouragement to me since I began blogging. Now I know you and Cheri...

I will love you too because I just LOVE Mari.

I'm adding you and your sister to my 'Blessed Blogs' right this minute!

Have a great weekend...Joanne

kari and kijsa said...

Sounds tasty! thanks for sharing!
Feel better soon!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Sheri said...

I love getting other people's recipes!! YUMMY

Anonymous said...

That sounds yummy!

I was having problems with Blogger too! I would comment and it wouldn't post---most frustrating, indeed.

I hope you all are feeling better soon.