Thursday, October 11, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

Here are 13 ingredients to make Italian flatbread. This is the bread I made for Sunday's World Communion Service. I thought I would try it out for myself to go along with our spaghetti for supper. I thought it was really good, although I wouldn't go with as much oregano or onions.



1. 1 cup liquid (they suggest potato water but I used regular water)
2. 2 1/2 tsp. sugar
3. 1 tsp. salt
4. 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
5. 1 1/4 cup bread flour
6. 2 tsp. yeast
7. Bread machine - I know I'm pushing it here, but I needed an extra ingredient to
get to 13!

Put all in bread maker and set on dough setting. You can do this by hand - knead it and let it rise.

When ready, divide into 2 and flatten. Place on large cookie sheet. Brush tops lightly with canola oil.

8. 1 1/2 tsp. canola oil
9. 1 tsp. prepared mustard
10. 2 tsp. garlic, crushed or finely chopped
11. 2 tsp. oregano
12. 1 small onion, slivered ( I chopped it into smaller pieces and used very little)
13. 1 Tbls. parmesan cheese

Mix altogether and spread on the tops, cover and let rise. Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes.


















Here's what else we made today!













9 comments:

Mari said...

Bring some of those cookies along tomorrow - You're making me hungry!

Knit-Wit said...

Looks yummy!

Cheri said...

Doggone it Mari- again you stole my comment word for word!

Anonymous said...

Wish I had one of those cookies RIGHT NOW!!! Did you put chocolate chips in your peanut butter cookies? I thought I saw chocolate in there...
Either way, YUM's the word!

Laura said...

OK SERIOUSLY PEOPLE!!! I'm not going to read your blogs anymore if it's always going to be torture! I want one of those cookies sooooo bad right now!

Dena said...

YUM!

Sheri said...

Oh my Gosh does that look good- I love it when people share recipies

Ally said...

Boy the bread looks really great. Can I replace the bread flour with normal flour...we don´t have that here. Naturally the cookies looked wonderful too...hmmm and warm..hmmm

The Birds Nest said...

This sounds sooo good!!! I am going to make this because I LOVE bread. I also love new recipes. Thanks for passing this along.